Friday, September 15, 2006

I've never kept a journal. That is what guys call diaries, right?

I'm trying to think of why I'm doing this. It might because of Paige's blog saying "we want you," and my mind wandering to those old ads for the military. You remember, don't you? Uncle Sam back in the 30's and 40's with that long skinny finger. So, hey, I can't let my country down! And what is really weird, and I'm not kidding on this one, I really did have an Uncle Sam with a skinny finger. Actually all of his fingers were skinny if I recall correctly. To be totally honest he was a great-uncle. I think. I can never remember the terminology for family lineage. He was my grandpa's brother. Uncle Sam.

So it's 12:32 am or so. My wife is in bed. She's been in bed for several hours and I am still up. This happens only 7 out of 7 nights a week. I'm never sure if I'm an insomniac or my body is just programmed to sleep at a different time. Sometimes it's frustrating since I can't comfortably lay down with my wife hand and hand and take a stroll down Sleepy Lane together. I fidget and move around way too much for her to fall asleep. And she and our baby need their sleep. I wish I could have thought of another name, because Sleepy Lane sounds kind of lame. However, a lane is usually what one strolls down. But, I would have preferred something with a little more zest like the word Jazzercise.

Speaking of Jazzercise, I see that the blog is being used successfully as a place to be accountable for exercise and healthy living. I will take this opportunity to join in.
I intend to run a marathon again. That is a little over 26 miles. My longest run this summer has been 16 miles, but that has been nearly 2 months ago. So I am in serious need of getting back on track. Since July, I have travelled and moved and have not made time to keep up with my running. So far this week I've ran 4 days. So, I'm building the habit back up. I intend to run 16 miles this weekend. It will be extremely painful since my long run of 11 miles 2 weekends ago was the highest since my 16 in July. Then I will add 1 mile to my long run every Sunday until I'm back to 26 miles. That is 10 weeks from this weekend which is November 26th. During the week I will run 4 miles and 6 miles every other day Mon-Fri. In addition, Mon-Fri I will do 100 crunches, 100 push-ups, and 100 curls to help build my upper body strength for the long runs. I will have Saturday's off to recuperate.

Now on to other things. Although, my fingers already feel winded from typing. And since it is officially Saturday I should be recuperating. So goodnight and God bless!

4 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Christina said...

YAY!!! Welcome to the group!! :) Are we groupies of one another now?? :) I have always wanted to be a groupy, but I never knew how!!! Your excercize goals sound awesome!! I think it would be quite an accomplishment to run and complete a marathon!!! If you do decide to run a marathon, and if it is here, we will all come and cheer you on!! (Won't we guys???) :) Happy Saturday!!

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I am impressed! I would try it too, but I fall off the wagon pretty easily! Buy the way, check your pocket for your car keys!

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Todd said...

Playa....

you got some madd writting skillz. still busting a seam when i think about you using the word 'jazzercise'. glad to see you are down with the whole blogging thing. good luck achieving your marathon goal, although i think it is a slow form of chinesse water torture. anyway bro glad to see you on board. May the force be wit' you.

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy--you are such a writer!! Your jogging goals are admirable--enjoy!! Grampies and I are more into the hand-in-hand stroll. Of course, I love your description of my granddaughter, Carlye. It is beautiful! Love you, Nana P.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home