Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Catching Up Or Shall I Say Ketchup? Did You Mean Catsup?

It has been a few days since my last post. Here's a not-so-quick recap of what has happened since.

Last Tuesday I moved my dad back to his house with Kyle's help. Then, my buddy Erik from Portland came in to stay overnight last Wednesday night. That was tons of fun since I hadn't seen him in about a year. I got to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings for the first time in 3 months. That is one of my favorite restaurants in town. Then, last Thursday we had the first "Financial Fun Thursday" at our house. That was tons of fun, too. Our Sunday school class is full of awesome couples. Of course, if you're reading this and not in our Sunday school class, you are invited as well. Just ask me about it. Then on Saturday Carlye and I had the privledge of seeing Cabool with two of the coolest cats this side of the Mississipi, Todd and Paige Ferguson. We went to Paige's extended family pig roast and they had some kickin' food. Awesome desserts. I think I had about a dozen chocolate covered pretzels, a piece of carrot cake, 2 pieces of apple pie, 2 different kinds of brownies, and that was just dessert. (By the way, that's the first time I've ever referred to people as cats, because, generally speaking, cats cause me to have a runny nose and itchy eyes and that's not cool.) Monday and Tuesday I cleaned the reeds/cattails out of our pond. I was told by the previous owner to do this before the first frost and we are expecting our first frost either tonight or tomorrow night, I forget. Also, I got to hang with Kyle for a couple hours yesterday and he's quite the business minded guy. I admire him for his tenacity and prayerfulness. Also, last night Carlye and I hung out with Wyatt and Christina. We heard some pretty crazy stories about Wyatt's trip to Africa. I mean crazy. It was supercool listening to what he experienced. If you don't know the stories you need to ask about them.

So that was my week of non-blogging. It seemed everytime I sat down to blog I was just worn out and couldn't put a cohesive thought together. But, today I decided I would take 15 minutes to catch up.

My exercise routine has been unroutined this last week. Since Tuesday of last week I have not ran once. Monday and Tuesday I did do my crunches and curls. Today I plan to add the pushups and then start running again tomorrow. I need your prayers on this one. I've been very busy this last week and haven't made running a priority and now the momentum has slowed. So we'll see what happens.

Today my thank you is to my Sunday school class. Carlye and I are building some great relationships with several couples in the class. When we first got married we were told by several couples that had been married for 25+ years that it was very important to find a group of God-fearing couples to build strong friendships with (ah, the preposition at the end of a sentence, it's a thing of beauty, eh, Paige?). I pray all the time that God gives our class the strength to stay and grow in friendship together. Carlye and I are frequently motivated to do better in our marriage because of the loving God-led relationships we see in other couples in our class. So, before I ramble on too long, thank you to all of you who make an effort to be active participants in our Sunday school class and the relationships that extend outside into other days of the week. You are a great encouragement in our lives. You are a group of amazing people and we are praying for all of you.

Also, thank you Dana and Todd for your attempted-anonymous gift. You are some kickin' rad buddies and right now I'm pouring a little of my apple juice on the carpet in your honor.

And finally, it's official, Carlye's mom and dad are coming to town November 10-13. We're so excited to see them again. In fact, "I'm so excited I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it... I like it."

2 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger Paige Ferg said...

andy, you are the most rad dude ever. You and Todd singing in the car on the way home from Cabool was hIlArIoUs! Mad Promps! (I stole that line from you)
see you at the financial fun class

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Sounds like things are going well and plenty busy! I have you have a wonderful visit with C's parents. From what I can tell, you have a wonderfully encouraging circle of friends and family. Truly a blessing.

<><

 

Post a Comment

<< Home