Friday, October 20, 2006

Guys and High-Fives... Why?

What a beautiful group of friends and followers of Christ. This picture was taken a week ago and unfortunately due to my lack of memory I forgot to take the picture until after Adam and Wyatt had already left. Sorry guys. I can't say how happy I am to have met such wonderful people at my church! The picture is of our Thursday night Financial Fun group. It's a group of God-fearing folk talking about financial issues that are a part of life and how to deal with those issues inside of a marriage and what the Bible has to teach about all of it. I'm sad to say next week is our last week. It has been so much fun and great fellowship and my wife and I have truly grown together each week as we discussed everything we learned at the end of the night. Thanks especially to everyone for pitching in by bringing food, leading discussion, and just being a part of the discussion. It's always comforting to hear that you're not alone in dealing with challenges. My prayer is that everyone who participated was able to open up just a little bit more in their communication with their spouse on such potentially volatile issues and also identify ways to live properly in their relationship with money.

Tonight's session was exceptionally fun. The Bryant's were awesome as usual. They are blessed teachers and great guides on the path toward living a fulfilling marriage. I can honestly say that Jeff's teaching to the guys really opened my eyes to how much more I should be striving to honor my wife and appreciate her natural inclinations that sometimes seem so foreign to me. Also, we had some amazing food. Carlye makes some amazing chili, thanks to her skill and a her mom's recipe. Dana, the SUPER CHEF, made some tasty cornbread muffins. And then we had some dessert. And wow did we have some dessert. Brownies, cheesecake, cookies, and chocolate cake. Yum. In fact, I just polished off my third piece of cake before I started writing this. And, finally, some of the guys stayed to watch the cardinals play an absolutely awesome 7th game of the NLCS. Did I say play? I mean win. They won and in dramatic fashion. Part of it had to do with Todd's Fantastic Four shirt and the other part had to do with my Superman hat. Wyatt and Adam are witness to those two things pretty much winning the game tonight. And the girls that stayed seemed to have their own good time in the other room.

Well, that was the night. It has been a week since my last post. I have to thank Moose for prodding me to keep up. It's been a pretty busy week. I'd go over what happened, but at the moment I can't remember exactly what happened, although I'm sure there was some pretty cool stuff. If I do remember I'll let you know.

As to exercise...well I really don't want to say, but it has been a week and 2 days since I've done anything. I think that's right anyway.

And, finally, aren't the Sinnokrak's the cutest couple ever? Like totally.

Oh, and does everyone know what a pee-pee teepee is? The answer will be in my next post...if I remember.

4 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Blogger Christina said...

Andy you ROCK!! What a fun and blessed evening it truly was!! We look so forward to Thursday evenings with all of you guys! Thanks for the GREAT idea of a financial fun class!! We have been truly blessed by you and Carlye, thank you for opening your home to all of us!!!

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Christina said...

Oh and by-the-way- a pee-pee tee-pee is absolutely one of the greatest inventions ever!!! Make sure you have a spare one for when they get wet, and boy-howdy will they get wet!! :):)

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE FINANCIAL FUN NIGHT!!!!!

And, more importantly, the Sinnokrak's are absolutely the cutest, funnest, nicest couple EVER!!!!

Lastly, the pee-pee teepee will be a huge part of my life in the next couple of months. It will save me from oodles of showers and much, much more.......

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Todd said...

Agreeed the Sinnokraks are way cute....Almost too cute if that is possible. Wait, am I thinking out loud again? Oh well. And yes the pee-pee teepee is wonderful. It still works wonders on me.

Over and out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home