Saturday, February 10, 2007

6 Or A Half Dozen?

Well here's my update for yesterday. I thought I could get away with taking a break for one night, but oh no, my reader's demand it. I mean Adam Harshman demands it. And to him specifically I would like to make it know that I am in control of When, Where and How I will use italics and bold. Yeah, that's right, I said it. I will not be bullied into compliance with some unofficial...

Wait! What am I saying? He's right. Italics and Bold are not to be used lightly. They play a vital role in expressing the utmost Importance and Emotion of a writer's thoughts and other reasons as outlined in section 5, paragraph 4 of the Harshman Italics and Bold Commission(tm) June, 7 1999 report on Proper Uses of Italics and Bold in the Communication of Information Via the Internet as Founded by Al Gore. But Alas, with this in mind, I stand by my decision to employ such devices in my prior post and will await notification of sanction if it is so determined by those with sanctioning power over such things.

On another note, not fa but so, I noticed I had an additional reader. My sister-in-law, Lindsey, decided to leave me a comment. Thanks for taking the time to read and encourage. Her husband and I have finally been getting to know each other a little bit better in the last week or so using this new fangled technology called instant messaging. It's exciting times. Someday we might be able to make calls from our cars! Since I've know Carlye I've maybe got to see Lindsey and Jared a little over a half dozen times. That's all I've seen of my sister and brother-in-law. I wish I could tell you how excited I am about getting to know my family a little better. I would use italics and bold but I should first consult the Harshman Italics and Bold Commission(tm).

So here's the update. Yesterday went 50-50 or so-so or comme ci comme sa or eh with a shrug of the shoulders. It started off with not waking up at 8am. However, that was because Carlye was sick that night and I ended up taking care of Jack until 5:30 am or so. So I actually woke up around 10:30am, but ended up getting fewer total hours of sleep. So the ruling from the judge is that it counted. I drank my 64 oz. of water again. However, I drank 1 pepsi-cola (which is fewer than usual) hoping it would give me a boost to go on my walk, but it was a soda pop nonetheless. Unfortunately, breaking one goal to try to do another didn't work. I have learned a lesson. I didn't walk my 2 miles because I was completely energyless all day because of the aforementioned night. So I'm going to award myself a half. So I'm now 3.5 for 4. If anyone would like to vote otherwise I'm open to input.

So here's my next goal. I will take Saturday off from having any goals. When I was running 26 miles I always had one day off a week to do whatever I could to relax and have fun. So today is that day. That does mean, however, that I have to meet my goals for the next 6 days. I would like to add that this means I won't be posting tonight.

I think tomorrow I'll have an updated picture of Jack.

1 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regretfully the "commission" dissolved after a nasty dispute between rival factions within the governing body. If I recall it was directly related to an international incident in which a deaf native of Zimbabwe, residing in, Beijing, but who was on vacation in Rome, stated (using bold, underline, italics, and all caps) that he was having a wonderful time in Paris. This blantant misuse of 'multiple emphasis mediums' (MEM) resulted in the aforementioned dispute. I believe the real sticking point was actually whether or not the author was in the "City of Love" or not. Anyways, I'm glad your are still using the code...that's what it's there for.

Signed,
Adam 'not really anonymous' Harshman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home