Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Oye Oh Lee 2 Pay

I did it. I've climbed to the top of Everest and seen the wonders from 30,000 ft. I am now 1 for 1. Batting 1.000. It's so exciting...I woke up at 8am. What a struggle! My eyes wanted to close, my body ached to return to the warmth of the covers, my mind blurred and bent and for 30 minutes I could not focus on a train of thought. So that was goal one on day one. Yay! Or yahoozle! (As one of my good friends might say.)

Now on to goal two. I will wake up at 8am again. Then I will attempt to drink 64 ounces of water throughout the day. That's it. Just those two things. Can I do it? We'll see.

I was excited to see I still had 2 readers after such a long absence. Paige and Christina...thanks. That's right, you get the bold italics.

So I was thinking today that 1.4% was a lot. It's a whole lot, and not a fraction less! For some reason today I started thinking how fast a year seems to go by now. I heard a day or 5 ago that the average lifespan for an American is 71 years. That means every year that goes by is equal to about 1.4% of a person's life here on earth. Isn't that crazy? The reason I find that so crazy is because if I were to make my own milk for consumption I would probably be a 1.4 percenter. I like 2%, but it usually feels heavy in my stomach. 1% and skim are delicious, but are usually so light that I can drink 2 glasses or more before I feel satisfied. So probably 1.4% is just about what I need to be able to drink one glass and feel finished. So that tells me that I will likely live to age 71. So that means I have roughly 41 more years to live. Don' t you think it's more than a coincidence that 41 is 1.4 backwards without a period? I think I've proven my point.

4 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Christina said...

You are hilarious!! I think! :) We could really get used to you posting everyday! :) Fabulous! And, don't forget to add more pictures of Jack! He is so cute, what a precious baby boy!! Hope you are having a blessed day!!

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Mooskers J. Featherbottom III said...

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect. I regret to inform you that I will not be able to attend the manly men's breakfast but might see you that evening at Mr. Todd's house. Thanks for posting again - now I can't say, "well at least I've posted since Andy - geez" anymore :) Cheers.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Adam Harshman said...

Whoa there big tiger. Throwing out the bold and italics for just whatever you feel like it a bit irresponsible don't you think? These sacred blogging emphasi must be used with caution, like road cones. If you put to many out there, people will just start to ignore them....THEN PEOPLE DIE!! So lets cut down a little shall we?

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home